6.26.2010

I'm Making a Shift Dress!

So a few days ago I realized that I haven't made any dresses yet this whole summer and it is almost JULY!
To fix this problem i went down to Jo-Ann's (the closest fabric store around here)
and bought this fabric.

PREEEEETTTYYY isn't it?
i'm going to use it to make a vintage shift dress.
For those who don't know what a shift dress is it looks like this.



This is a more modern version of the shift dress. Lot's of designers have added there own flare to the shift dress.
Here are a few.


Floral Detail Shift Dress from Shelli Segal


Yellow Ruffle Collar Shift Dress from Calvin Klein


and last but DEF. not least the Cotton Stretch Shift Dress from D&G

Shift Dress are great for any body type.
I think I might wear mine with a belt just to give it a little more shape.
I'll be sure to post updates on the progress of my dress.

*all the advice and tips I give are based on my opinion. If you buy a shift dress and it doesn't look good on you don't blame me. I could help you to find what type of shift dress might look better! haha stay stylish ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment