7.19.2010

What I've Been Working On

Today's blog isn't going to be very long and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get it up too. My computer has been driving me nuts!

So over the few days that i have not posted i have actually gotten some things done.
Well actually no a whole lot, but i have been working on getting the ideas in my head out into real life.

My first idea was a black sort of cocktail-ish wrap dress. Kind of like this one only with short sleeves and a different style of skirt.

I did want it all plain black, maybe a shimmery kind of fabric.
But no surprise, because of the "wide variety" at my local fabric store, they didn't have the kind of fabric I had in mind. So i can home with this fabric:

I still like it and i think it will work and still be faboulous :)
It's not exactly what I had in mind but it will give the dress a kind of retro feel which i have no problem with. Only thing i am having a problem with is now i can't wear it with my gold heels because it has silver in it. Oh well.

I have the pattern pieces all cut out and im ready to start sewing it together!
I did make a few changes to the pattern as usual...
for the skirt part, instead of a round skirt like the pattern calls for,
it will be a pencil skirt, just to make it a little more sophisticated.

My NEXT idea that has been stuck in my head for the past few day was this lovely design right here:


Yes I designed this myself. Definatly a Heather Elizabeth Original :)
I do plan on actually making this dress (probably in the fall).
The construction of this dress is going to be a bit difficult, however it will be a work of art! Like many of my other dresses ;) haha
I should really take pictures of all the dresses i've made and put them on here.

Well that is what I have been up to recently. Stay stylish ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment