8.05.2010

Wow it's been awhile: Wrap Dress and Belt

Jeez i feel like i haven't been on here forever!
I have been so busy with summer ending and all not to mention every time i actually had time to get on here I was hit with major writers block!

Well, first things first, I finished my wrap dress and i absolutely love it :)
There is like three different ways you can tie it but i prefer to wrap it around and tie it in the back. It just looks better on me that way.

Tie in front:


Tie in back:



I like this dress a lot because it's sophisticated but sexy..which is what i was going for, so i would say this dress was successful :)

Now next thing on the list, my cousin gave me a few ideas for blogs.
One was how to wear a LBB (Little Black Belt)
And the other was how to coordinate colors.

Today I'll do the belt one (because I already have pictures ;)) haha

In today's fashion, belts really aren't used to hold up your pants anymore, they are an accessory and if you wear it right, can do great things for your silhouette.

There are three basic types of belts that you really can't go wrong with.

The Wide Belt: You should wear this kind of belt around the waist because that is what it is made to do...create a waist line.

I like to wear these kinds of belts with baggy more loose fitting shirts (a.k.a shirts with no shape) or dresses that don't have a waist line. You could also tuck a shirt into a skirt and then wear a belt like this around the top of the skirt to hide wear you tucked your skirt into.

The Medium sized belt: this belt (like the wide one) can also be wore to create a waist line...but not as much of one as the wide belt.

These types of belt I usually wear around or just above the hips to give shirts or dresses a drop waist look.



The Skinny Belt: These belts are usually small enough to wear under the bust line to give a shirt or dress a empire waist line.


This is what an Empire Waist Line looks like:



You could also wear this belt around your waist but it won't give you that much of a waist line unless the shirt you wear it with is really loose.

Well that is what i have to say about belts and all the belts pictured above can be found at Forever 21.

*note that all the tips and advice are based on my own opinion. So if you buy a belt and it looks silly don't blame me. These belt are made for fashion not to hold up your pants ahaha! ;) stay stylish.

No comments:

Post a Comment