7.08.2010

Adding black for a "sweet rebel" look

So I really don't know what to blog about nothing has really came to mind, advice wise anyway.
I guess i could tell you about this phase I have been going through.
See when i was in Jr. High all I wore was like graphic tees and jeans (short in warmer weather). Also most of them were neutral colors like black, brown, white, grey, tan...ect.



I never really wore any colors.
So when i got into high school I tired to stay away from neutral colors altogether!
Which was wrong also. It wasn't really until Junior year that i started bring neutral colors back into my outfits.
I guess it was because I was getting older and wearing only bright colors all the time made me feel like a little kid and neutral colors made me feel more sophisticated.

See, all neutral colors = sophisticated.

But even after re-introducing neutral colors...i still tried to stay away from black.
Until just recently...
It seems like lately i have been drawn to black shiny things.
The two things I bought when I was on vaction this past weekend:


New sunglasses from old navy: black with rhinestones on them.
New ring from some booth at a 4th july fair: black and silver and shiny haha

Not to mention I also have been wearing these two things A LOT!


I also want the WHOLE rocker chick look from forever 21!
Its a summer trend you know...
check it out.

Here are a few things I want so bad to get that look.





I like the whole mix between sweet and rebel.
Which is totally the look I've been trying to get and I guess adding a little black to all my outfits is the first step in doing just that!

Well the only advice I could give you from this is if you want to get that "sweet rebel" look...buy things with studs, chains, zippers, buckles...the hard wear is where its at! haha. Also get stuff in pastel colors, lace, maybe some pearls and there ya go! you have what i call "sweet rebel" look.
i'm going to try pairing a white, lacie dress with that vest and bracelet pictured above :)

*all the advice and tips i give are in my own opinion. So you don't have to go and change your whole look because of me ;) stay stylish

No comments:

Post a Comment