4.11.2014

Green thumb

After the awful winter we've had here in Missouri I was ready for some spring! 
I've been in the mood to garden but being in a college house I don't have a lot of freedom to do that.
Here are some trendy ways I added green to my house.
The hanging terrarium. Stole the idea from Pinterest. 
What I did: 
Took a 1 gal plastic fish bowl (they have them at pet smart) 
Drilled a hole 2inches from the rim.
Put an eye bolt in it.
Added my succulents 
Then hung it from a ceiling hook.
At first I used chain but I switched to using hemp rope (the chain was kind of an eye sore). 
Air plants!
These little baby air plants are so trendy right now and perfect for people who forget to water their plants because they live off the air through their special leaves!
I was wondering through the Chesterfield outlet mall and came across a store called Always Spring and adopted these cuties! 
What I did:
Cleaned out a pickle jar
Took some rocks from the yard
And just placed the air plants in there
*they do need to be misted or 'bathed' with distiled water twice a week

Can't wait for the big one to bloom!!!
So excited I got some green in my house!
Happy spring!

#MOGirlProblems

 

No comments:

Post a Comment